Another week, another Monday. Here are 5 songs to help you get into your work flow and get you through this week.
1. Sit Down- Sofi de la Torre A favorite of TRENDS, Sofi de la Torre makes pop music with a hip-hop twist, dubbed as #popdoneright by Sofi herself. This song is a perfect example of this, utilizing a dynamic beat that could totally be heard on the radio or in a club. Check it out above and read our exclusive interview with Sofi here.
2. Night Swimmers- Foals (Mura Masa Edit) Foals, a British alternative band, wouldn’t be the first name that comes to mind when someone says electronic music. But, British producer Mura Masa has proved that their music fits the genre perfectly, but remixing “Night Swimmers.” The original song is a standard alt-rock song, but Mura Masa takes it easily into dance territory with his amazing remix. Definitely worth a listen.
3. Last Dance- Chance the Rapper & Lil B (feat. NONAME Gypsy) This is a bit of a throwback from Chance the Rapper and Lil B’s collaborative mixtape Free Based Freestyles Mixtape. The unique thing about this entire project is that all of the raps on the mixtape are freestyles, so they’re just making it up as they’re going along. This track is a standout and a fun, casual song to put on during your commute.
4. Best On- Luca feat Tei Shi A beat from up and coming producer Luca provides Tei Shi all she needs to make this simple but amazing song. It’s a perfect chill groove to make even stressful days a bit calmer.
5. Memory Lane- The Age of L.U.N.A Bringing 90s hip hop vibes, London rap group The Age of L.U.N.A absolutely kill it on this song off their debut mixtape. Turn the volume up on this one.