Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism may be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and clinical training information. Each problem provides up-to-date protection of the latest developments that enhance our knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. average popular features of unique interest include initial reports of important improvements in patient-oriented endocrine and metabolic research, personal views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, clinical reviews, medical practice directions, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Response
- Reports and suggestions
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
Listed here types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, will undoubtedly be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies according to formerly data that are unpublished. There aren’t any top or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables should be initial.
- Instance Reports (not any longer available for distribution after 1, 2019) are descriptions of a case that provides insights into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or management september. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any significantly more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth addressing to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates concerning the molecular and biochemical foundation for normal physiology and illness states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic problems; as well as other subjects strongly related the training of clinical endocrinology. grammarly paper checker An outline describing its contents, and the CVs of all authors involved unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, authors should include a prospectus with a brief narrative of the mini-review’s purpose and scope. These manuscripts can are normally taken for 2,000 terms to at the most 5,000 terms. Authors will include a quick part explaining the search methods utilized to have information when it comes to mini-review. In the event that writers go for formerly posted numbers or tables, the guidelines must be followed by them beneath the Publication Fees area.
- Meta-analyses should concentrate on particular efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The presented manuscript must be based on an in-depth statistical analysis of data found by an exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions for this kind must add a plan and a statement that is narrative. There are not any limitations on word count, wide range of numbers, or wide range of sources. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles because of the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or an associate at work Editor and can typically deal with a prompt policy matter of extremely high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and also no more than eight sources.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief that may examine principles and findings recently introduced in to the systematic record that have excellent interest. These are generally typically as much as 1,000 terms in total, must have a maximum of eight sources, while having no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite unpublished work or information.
- Perspectives provide a new standpoint on policies and generally speaking accepted maxims and techniques in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment according to extremely current newly posted data. They ought to cite appropriate literary works and are generally no further than 2,400 terms and also a maximum of 25 recommendations. Views must not cite unpublished work or information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, maybe maybe not brand new information. Numbers should be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters into the Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and become submitted within couple of years of the article’s last book. Letters must be a maximum of 500 terms in total, don’t have any more than eight recommendations, and should never cite work that is unpublished information. Letters will soon be posted during the discretion for the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book charges apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with format should be followed by the letter of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name maybe not follow this structure, it shall be standardised because of the publisher.
- Letters to your Editor reactions response to a Letter to Editor at no greater size as compared to original page. Writers whose tasks are talked about in a page towards the Editor will be invited to typically provide an answer. If accepted, authors will dsicover web web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with the format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter into the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your name perhaps maybe maybe not follow this structure, it shall be standardised because of the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a directory of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and needs to be modifiable as a result to criticisms. They have been typically only 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice recommendations are produced by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded medical training guidelines. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society to present analyses that are statistical help its Clinical Practice instructions.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society because of its Clinical Practice tips. These reviews address a precise medical concern by gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives for the community’s Clinical Practice tips that health supplement or touch upon developments into the condition area because the period of book of a Guideline.
- Policy views derive from founded community policy jobs and developed by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the membership.
- Research Guides are manufactured by a specialist composing group with input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed by way of a writing group beneath the way of a Endocrine Society appointed Chair with the aim of synthesizing research and determining gaps when you look at the medical literary works. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Consensus Statements offer an extensive assessment by a professional panel of a systematic or medical problem which could add ungraded guidelines. Submitted by Endocrine Society work groups, other society that is professional teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Usage of Peer Review: All submissions are susceptible to peer that is external as directed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated by the Endocrine Society and selected outside professionals, and (2) conference abstracts, which, whenever posted being a health health supplement to Journal regarding the Endocrine Society, have now been evaluated by the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any relevant concerns to email@example.com.
Publication Costs and Start Access
To learn more about the many benefits of account within the Endocrine Society, please go to the known Member pros page associated with Endocrine Society’s web site.
Web Page Costs
- Endocrine Society users: $99 per PDF web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society users: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Authors have the choice of earning their article start Access by having to pay an extra $3,000 for Open Access book, which include A cc-by license, PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access regarding the log web web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If you distribute your manuscript to your Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer choice (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it’s also accepted for book, you are able to claim a single-use code entitling you to definitely a $250 discount on the manuscript’s book costs, aside from the CC-BY Open Access choice, in case it is published in 2019, or even a 10% discount on your own manuscript’s book costs, like the CC-BY Open Access option, if it’s posted in 2020. To claim a price reduction, write Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.